Finally, the warm weather gods have decided to grace us with back to back warm days. Looks like spring is upon us and summer is coming. Time to change up that winter regimen for summer hair care.
Sadly, I did not do a great job taking care of my hair this winter. I only had one trim and I more or less only pampered my hair on Sunday wash day. I did manage to deep condition at least once a week because let’s be honest its easy just to do that on a Sunday when its too cold and crappy to go outside. I did not oil and massage my scalp like I should have every other night and I really should have done more protective styling. So this summer I am going to follow a proper hair regimen in hopes of seeing the growth I should have gotten in the winter.
Here are a few things I will be doing for my healthy hair regimen this summer AFTER I go and get my hair cut. I’m not sure if I am going to do a trim or go back to a TWA…I am leaning toward a TWA
1. Pre-Pooing is great during the winter months because of the harsher temperatures between cold and forced heat air and it helps to restore moisture and breaks up tangles before washing. I may have done three all winter…I am usually not so bad but honestly I was just really busy and just was too lax with my hair. For the summer I will pre-poo at least an hour before washing
2. Cleansing Adding a second wash day during the week because summer sweating and product build up makes this unavoidable. However, if I go through with a big chop then a wash and go would be so easy at that stage of hair and adding another wash day would be easy.
3. ACV rinse. Apple Cider Vinegar rinses are everything for my scalp and hair. I can tell the difference in the strands of my hair almost immediately, definitely after a few uses. It exfoliates the scalp, aids in hair growth and also adds curl definition to your hair. WIN, WIN, WIN
4. Deep Conditioning Adding honey to my deep conditioner for an extra moisture and anti-bacterial boost.
5. Leave-In Aloe Vera juice and glycerin are wins for me. Honestly, I admit I will grab some jheri curl activator when I don’t feel like mixing up my own products.
6. Protective Style Whether I trim or opt for the big chop I am giving my hair at least four weeks of protective styling.
7. Light Night Oils I don’t need to oil my scalp every night in the summer but definitely I can do better and make sure that my scalp is taken care of at least three to four nights a week. Oiled and massaged! I like the mixture of rosemary oil, grapeseed, and argan. For my ends, however I x the rosemary oil.
So, what say you fam, what will be your change-up for your summer hair?