Activated charcoal is not your charcoal briquettes. Activated charcoal, emphasis on activated, is created when you take carbon sources like coconut shells, bone char, coal, olive pits or sawdust (I know those ingredients sound somewhat disturbing but trust me the end result is amazing for you) these carbon sources are cooked at a high temperature and a chemical reaction occurs. The high temperatures change its internal structure, reducing the size of its pores and increasing its surface area. It is in these pores that chemicals and impurities are caught and cleansed from the body.
In powder form activated charcoal can be used for many beauty treatments for women and men.
- Treats acne– sucks impurities from the skin, reduces inflammation and cleans pores. Great as a mask, scrub, or soap wash
- Whitens Teeth– by bonding to organic surfaces, your food-coffee and nicotine -activated charcoal scrubs off plaque and tarter as it whitens.
- Make your own eyeliner- just add a bit of distilled water to the powder and VIOLA!
- Whitens Dark Underarms– mix with raw honey and lemon. It exfoliates the skin and lifts dark dead skin cells
- Great for bug bites– reduces inflammation, relieves itching and soothes the skin.
- Balances oily skin– sucks out excess oil in the skin
- Gets rid of acne scars and blemishes-its slightly abrasive texture acts as a great exfoliate for the face to help fade dark spots (don’t forget the sunscreen)
Check out this link for more uses and also stop by Mixx to pick up some great activated charcoal products!